1/9/12

Role models, and building for eternity

One of my role models: Brad, thank you for showing me what it means to love Christ and others. You lead by example.

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden." – Matthew 5:14

We have the ability to influence others through the way we live our lives. Something that I have come to understand over the last few years is that we all have different stories to share - life experiences that can make a positive difference and bless the lives of others.

In high school, I was fortunate enough to encounter a few remarkable individuals who would profoundly impact the way I view life and the Christian faith today. While they certainly had their unique differences, a common trait they all shared was their capacity to genuinely live out the gospel and to empathize with others. I remember thinking that I wanted to live like that, and it’s no coincidence that I started making strides in my own walk with Christ shortly after having been around them.

I believe that God is challenging you and I to change the world. And to accomplish this, He asks us to look daily into our own little spheres of influence and figure out how we can best “let our light shine before others.” It’s a process that takes tremendous patience but if we keep the faith and continue to do things the right way, God WILL use us to transform the lives of others.

As I sit here, a couple of hours away from getting on a plane to spread the Word, there is no doubt in my mind that none of this would even be happening if it were not for those few special people God chose to place along my path. It’s because of them that I find myself with a renewed passion to invest in the lives of those around me and in things that will last for eternity. I simply pray that God will afford me opportunities in the coming months to touch others and lift them up through His Word – for Christ and His Kingdom.

1 comment:

  1. Alex, we are praying for you to meet God in a powerful way in Africa. Love you Man!!, Brad

    ReplyDelete